Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More Series

Various paintings on paper hanging to dry.
While everyone else spent time with friends and family in backyard pools and lakehouses, I was home working on a thousand paintings. Okay, not really that many, but it seemed like it.

I have redesigned the layout for the hotel registration desk, there are 12 pieces. Now comes the hard part, designing all the paintings.

I have 24 paintings in the photo paintings series in progress right now. First I was inspired by an order for 12 pieces by my California rep. After I had six of them finished I remembered that he requires these 12 x 24 images on full sheets of paper, 30 x 44. I had been using half sheets, so I started over for him, but continued on the others which I will either sell to someone else, or keep for inventory.

I am using photography from my recent trip to France for these paintings, and that makes them dear to me.

This is my slant wall, with four 30 x 40 canvases ready to paint, as soon as I get approval from my client.

1 comment:

Bee Skelton said...

I hope your client sends his approval quickly. Can't wait to see what happens next on your slant wall!