Monday, March 27, 2006

Resin Results

Yuk! Resin is some nasty stuff. And it's very difficult to work with. I had quite a challenge finishing up those boxes. And I had to keep reminding myself that they are artist-made not machine-made, and that it's okay to see the hand of the artist in the finished product. Meaning that they aren't perfect!

Also am almost packed for France, and have arranged a ride to the airport. I haven't packed art supplies yet, but I decided not to take too much. I don't want to be burdened by the responsibility of having to use them! Will take some paper (small), and a short roll of canvas. And I think I will pack some collage papers. Several of us like to do collage, and I have tons of the stuff, so I will throw some of that in. Maybe some I got last year at the residency in Hungary.

Almost done with Roger's painting.

Yes, it's all coming together for the month away in France!

3 comments:

Joanie Gagnon San Chirico said...

Bon Voyage!
Looking forward to see what you do in France... and I'm SO jealous.

garyb50 said...

You're going to France ?

Martha Marshall said...

You lucky dogs! You're gonna have so much fun!! Bon Voyage!