Friday, March 10, 2006

Make Art Wherever You Are

When I travel I always take my Nikon D2X and all lenses I could possibly need. Sometimes I haul the tripod around, too. It's not always fun, and upon occasion has made me cranky when it gets too heavy to carry. But then a client will call and say "do you have any pictures of orange groves?" And that's what happened last week. I scanned through the images I took when I visited my sister in Florida at Christmas, and came up with a few that were appropriate. Did a little post-processing in Photoshop and got an image that's been approved for room art for 333 rooms! I'm printing samples tonight for delivery tomorrow. Purchase order will arrive after that. I will probably sub out the printing since I'll be in FRANCE for the month of April -- woo hoo!

The FV painting has come together. I know exactly what it is about, and what it looks like. Now I just have to paint it. Got a good start laying out the realistic elements.

No comments: