Friday, December 30, 2005

Creative Destruction

I want to kill my Christmas tree. Unfortunately it will live forever, constructed, as it is, of plastic and wire. Instead I will take my holiday madness out on the droopy poinsetta, and eliminate all those sad days of hoping to save it in the Dallas climate. I'll crush those red leaves and appreciate the crimson stains on my palms before I wash them clean and vacuum the remnants of holiday tinsel out of my house for another year. I couldn't be happier to see it all go.

I am almost never at home this last week of the year, and now I am rethinking that since I have received a purchase order for both paintings and photography, and just had a call from a client in another city for some images for hotel room art. Looks like a good start to a new year.

No comments: