Friday, December 02, 2005

Coat of Many Colors

Dolly Parton was in concert last night. When she sang that old song about the coat her mama made her as a child I had a vivid mental image of that grand creation. Just another thing to sidetrack me as I try to stay focused! I am dreaming of buying a sewing machine. This is an ongoing struggle for me. No, I don't sew. But I have these great ideas for clothing. Inkjet printed fabric, flowing panels of glowing color. All stitched up by me, hunched over my Singer. Staying focused has always been a problem.

2 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Umm... I've had the same urge to sew... but I just want a warm robe that doesn't look like your usual hotel bathrobe. There's no style out there at all! KJ

CMC said...

not to worry friend.....if you have too much of an urge, I'll let you borrow my 38 year old Singer that's still working well.......or my newer serger that I only used for making the new decor for the bedroom last year.
CMc