Saturday, October 22, 2005

Museums

It was late night at the Dallas Museum of Art. Music and merriment until all hours of the night. Well, until midnight anyway, but I was long gone by then.

Looking through the collection was a good exercise for me, but once again brought back those annoying questions of what makes good art. I really have no idea.

Some museums have such bad art that I think I must be too good to ever have a museum show. And others feature exhibitions of young artists with interesting gimmicks, and I am far beyond that.

I think the most artistic thing I saw last night was my new photographer friend who showed up with a bald head. She was late, too, having spent all afternoon dressing up as famous bald characters and taking pictures of herself.

Now that's art.

No comments: